Aesthetic treatment with botulinum toxin
Botulinum toxin should only be administered by healthcare practitioners with appropriate qualifications and expertise for this treatment. Should you consider treatment, make sure to carefully read through any material that your healthcare practitioner will provide you with. See also the Patient Safety Information. NB! The information here does not in any way replace professional information from the treating healthcare practitioner.
How to find a qualified healthcare practitioner
Botulinum toxin is used to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles in the upper face.
Questions to ask before treatment
Should you consider treatment, make sure to carefully read through any material that your healthcare practitioner will provide you with. Here are some examples of questions that you could ask a healthcare practitioner:
• Am I a good candidate for botulinum toxin treatment?
• How does botulinum toxin work?
• What happens during the treatment?
• When can I expect to see results?
• How long will the results last?
• What are the possible side effects?
• Are there any ingredients that I may be allergic to?
• Could my medical history or previous treatments affect or prevent treatment?
• Is there anything I should do before and after treatment?
• Any other question you may have.