Your Skinbooster treatment
Before you have any treatment with Restylane Skinboosters you will have a consultation. Make sure that you are well prepared. Think through all the questions you may have and what results you would like to achieve. We warmly recommend you to read through our Q&A section below to find out more about treatments with Restylane Skinboosters.
Restylane Skinboosters gives hydration and smoothness to your face, neck, décolletage and hands.
What to ask your practitioner
Here are a few questions that we recommend you to ask your healthcare practitioner:
• What results can I expect from the treatment?
• What happens during the treatment?
• Could my medical history or previous treatments affect or prevent treatment?
• Are there any side effects and precautions that I should know about?
• Is there anything I should do before and after treatment?
• Any other question you may have.
You will also find detailed information about treatment with Restylane Skinboosters in our FAQ section below.
How is Restylane Skinboosters administered?
Your healthcare practitioner will disinfect the area that will be treated. Tiny droplets of hyaluronic acid will then be injected just below the skin surface through a fine needle to rehydrate your skin. Lidocaine, a local anesthetic, will take away most of the discomfort that you may experience during the treatment.
How long does a treatment with Restylane Skinboosters take?
Depending on the area, a treatment takes approximately 15-45 minutes. To achieve optimal results, a treatment program usually starts with 3 treatment sessions, 2-4 weeks apart. Thereafter, maintenance treatments are typically recommended every 4-6 months.
Is the treatment painful?
Some people may experience mild discomfort. Most Restylane fillers contain an integrated local anesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience. You and your healthcare practitioner may decide whether additional pain relief is needed.
What happens after the treatment?
After treatment you will receive post-treatment guidelines from your healthcare practitioner. It is normal to experience some discomfort, such as redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the treatment site. These side effects generally disappear within one week after injection. Make sure that you discuss potential treatment risks with your healthcare practitioner.
Do I need maintenance treatments?
It is recommended to have regular maintenance treatments after the initial 3 treatments to maintain a hydrated and radiant skin. Restylane Skinboosters provides impressive results that can last up to 12 months.1
What should I apply or avoid after the treatment?
• Avoid applying make-up to the skin immediately after treatment.
• Light cover up may be used to conceal any remaining redness after approximately 24 hours.
• A yellow-toned concealer may be used to hide signs of bruising, if any.
• In order to cover up any redness, a concealer with a slight green/yellow tone is recommended.
1 Gubanova EI et al. Poster presented at IMCAS 2015.; Streker M et al. J Drugs Dermatol 2013;12, 990-994.