Your treatment with Restylane Defyne and Restylane Lyft
Before you have your first treatment with Restylane Defyne or Restylane Lyft you will always have a consultation. Think through what you want to achieve and what questions you may want to ask your healthcare practitioner. We warmly recommend that you read through our Q&A section below to find out more about treatments with Restylane fillers.
The first step: Find your clinic
Make sure to carefully select your clinic. We warmly recommend that you read our FAQ section.
In this video, plastic surgeon Chris Surek, USA, explains the importance of discussing the patient’s customized goals—as well as safety and efficacy—to achieve the desired aesthetic results.
Restylane Defyne and Restylane Lyft provide a lifting effect, structure, definition and projection to your facial features.
What to ask your practitioner
Here are a few questions that we recommend you to ask your healthcare practitioner:
• What results can I expect from the treatment?
• What happens during the treatment?
• Could my medical history or previous treatments affect or prevent treatment?
• Are there any side effects and precautions that I should know about?
• Is there anything I should do before and after treatment?
• Any other question you may have.
You will also find detailed information about treatment with Restylane fillers in our FAQ section below.
How should I prepare before my consultation?
You will always have a consultation before your first treatment. Think through what you want to achieve and the questions you may have. Your healthcare practitioner will inform you how Restylane fillers can be used in a safe way to suit your own individual aspirations. You will also be asked about your medical history. When you leave your consultation, you should feel well informed about Restylane fillers and you should know what results to expect.
What should I bear in mind when considering a treatment?
First of all, you should always contact a qualified healthcare practitioner to be assured that your dermal filler treatment will be performed correctly. You could always search in national registers of licensed aesthetic treatment specialists. Your treatment should be performed in a medical environment that affords you privacy and is spotlessly clean. You may want to request to see your chosen practitioner’s training certificate and insurance certificate to ensure that he or she is appropriately trained and insured for the treatment.
Who is qualified to administer Restylane treatments?
Only a medically qualified practitioner should perform Restylane treatments. Depending on your country’s legislation, this may include plastic surgeons, cosmetic clinicians, dermatologists, cosmetic dentists, or aesthetic nurses. If in doubt, please see our list of certified clinics/practitioners close to you.
What should I expect from my chosen healthcare practitioner?
You should receive comprehensive information and a detailed explanation regarding your Restylane filler treatment.
• You should be informed of the possibilities and limitations of treatments with hyaluronic acid.
• You should receive information about possible side effects and precautions for treatment.
• You should be informed of the cost of the treatment and possible follow-up treatments.
• Your questions should be answered to your full satisfaction.
What precautions should my healthcare practitioner advise me about?
There are several important precautions to discuss with your healthcare practitioner to ensure satisfactory results and avoid any complications. Discuss the following with your healthcare practitioner:
• If you are taking immunosuppressive medications
• If you are taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or any other medication that affects bleeding
• If you have any questions about precautions related to the treatment
How is Restylane administered?
First, the healthcare practitioner disinfects the area to be treated. A small amount of the appropriate Restylane filler is then injected into the skin through a fine needle or blunt micro-cannula to fill wrinkles, add volume, shape your face or fill your lips. After the injection, your practitioner may gently massage the treated area to even out the result.